- All of the instruments you listed on your application.
PERCUSSIONISTS: Bring sticks and cymbals.
BRASS: Bring valve or slide lubricant and a cleaning brush.
WOODWINDS: Bring extra reeds, a neck strap, swabs, and cork grease.
STRING PLAYERS: Bring extra strings, your amp, and all your cords. Players of bowed string instruments bring rosin.
- Instrument stands: Do not leave your instrument where it might be in danger of falling.
- Any glasses or stand lights you need to read music
- Any favorite or original music you want to work on with the groups
- We recommend you bring a clipboard or notebook and staff paper to take notes. There will be a wealth of valuable information you can use later.
- Clothes, extra socks, shoes, sandals, a jacket, hat, sunglasses: Be prepared for warm and cool weather.
- Backpack (to carry your personal supplies) Please mark it with your name.
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, daily medications, etc.)
- Special Food Items (if you are on a restrictive diet)
- Optional: Recreational items such as Frisbees, softballs, nerf balls, etc.
Do Not Bring:
- Expensive electronic equipment, such as high-end cameras, CD players, iPods, computers, etc.
- Large amounts of money
- Expensive sporting good items
- Alcohol, tobacco products, and drugs (except for those prescribed by your doctor) are not permitted. Violations of this rule will result in dismissal from the workshop.
NOTE: It is important to label all of your personal belongings, so items left behind can be identified and returned to you. If you bring portable music devices, cell phones, etc., please carry them with you in your backpack. You are responsible for your own belongings! The workshop director, staff, and our volunteers are not liable for any lost personal items.
PHONE SERVICE: Staff will assist you, if you require phone use. Only local calls, collect calls and calling cards are permitted. In case of emergency, please dial 911. Staff will have cell phones available for medical emergencies.